Website Page & Turnbull
POSITION: Project Manager
LOCATION: San Francisco
Page & Turnbull is an award-winning firm of Architects and Cultural Resource Specialists who have a passion for conserving historic places and reimagining them for the way we live today. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Jose, we’re growing and hope to have a meaningful impact on historic places in California and beyond.
Our ideal candidate is creative, curious about the past and passionate about the role of design in shaping the future of our built environment. You are a leader with strong organizational skills, resourcefulness and critical thinking, as well as a passion for mentorship and collaboration. As a creative and engaged member of our team you will have ample opportunity to hone your technical and creative toolkit and support for your professional growth. You will lead challenging historic preservation and adaptive reuse design and consulting teams, interfacing directly with Clients and communities.
Our team is committed to taking care of our people and building an inclusive, equitable and fun workplace. We are proud to support our team with a robust benefits package and we support mentorship, professional development, and community involvement for all of our team members.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS IMPORTANT
With your enthusiasm and strong organizational and time management skills, you would have an immediate role in leading a variety of challenging historic projects encompassing a range of sizes and property types.
Primary responsibilities include:
Developing and managing project work plans, budgets, & schedules.
Preparing a variety of studies and reports, including, but not limited to Design Studies, Existing Conditions Assessments, Feasibility Studies, Code Analysis, and Historic Structure Reports.
Preparing Contract Documents.
Lead permitting and entitlements processes
Managing collaborative teams for large projects and working individually on smaller projects simultaneously.
Serving as the primary point of contact for clients.
Supervising and mentoring junior staff.
· Professional degree in Architecture
· 8+ years professional experience
· Knowledge of code and accessibility requirements and demonstrated ability to guide projects through permitting and entitlements processes
· Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively through verbal, written and graphic communication formats
· Project and task planning skills – ability to evaluate, prioritize and delegate multiple important tasks
· Strong critical thinking, professional judgement and decision-making skills
· Proficiency with REVIT preferred, understanding of capabilities, requirements on project documentation strategy required
· Licensed architect
· Knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation
· Established knowledge of accounting and project management software
· Commitment to participation in a professional organization
Hybrid work schedule
Friendly and collegial atmosphere
Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
FSA/Flexible Spending Account
Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance plans
Nine paid holidays (includes one floating holiday)
401k Retirement Plan plus discretionary employer contribution
Discretionary profit-sharing contribution
Commuter Checks program
Salary is commensurate with experience. Page & Turnbull is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program.
If you have a passion for preservation, architecture, and design and want to work with smart and collaborative people who are dedicated to their craft and who understand that work satisfaction is an important part of our life, then please send a letter of interest, resume, and work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure your information gets reviewed in a timely fashion, add “P&T [San Francisco] – Project Manager” in the subject heading.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com