Website Paulett Taggart Architects
Architect Intern: 0-3 years experience
Paulett Taggart Architects (PTA) is a full-service architecture firm founded in 1986. We are committed to projects that make a significant contribution to society and focus primarily on the design of affordable housing and community facilities in San Francisco and greater Bay Area. In all our work, from private commissions to community structures to supportive housing, we apply the same sensitivity to the urban fabric and the experience of the space’s interior. Our passion for social responsibility is matched by our commitment to architectural excellence, and the firm has received over 40 design awards recognizing the quality and impact of our work.
Our design approach has evolved out of a deep understanding of the architecture, topography, social fabric, and quality of light unique to the Bay Area and results in a modern architecture that is particular to its place. We work in an interactive way. Our aim is to design buildings that are rational, valued, and enduring—the logical outcome of the specific needs of our clients and the unique quality of the locale. The architects we hire combine design strength, technical expertise, and strong management skills, enabling our team to produce durable and sustainable buildings that exceed expectations.
Paulett Taggart Architects is seeking a talented and well-rounded project designer/intern architect to join our team. We are committed to developing, inspiring, and valuing our staff, by welcoming their involvement throughout the design and construction processes and providing numerous opportunities for growth, mentorship, and leadership.
Interested candidate should have the following qualifications:
• 0-3 years working in an architectural firm
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
• Excellent technical knowledge & experience coordinating consultants
• A strong design sensibility
• Good communication skills, a team player
• Proficiency with Revit desired (or willingness to learn)
• Proficiency with hand drawing, sketching
• Presentation skills; knowledge of Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, Sketch Up, 3D rendering software
• Good organization and management skills
• Some experience in civic projects and/or multi-family housing is preferable
Please email your application including the following:
Cover letter stating years of experience and why you are a good fit
Resume, Work samples (PDF)
Please no phone calls or faxes
Subject Line: Architect Intern 0-3 Years