Website Periscope Homes
Periscope is founded on the simple idea that adding beautiful living space should be easy. Residential construction is neither keeping pace with demand nor improving productivity, so we’re reimagining the process. Applying product design and manufacturing know-how from our time at Tesla, our mission is to give people the superpower to create inspired living space with no hassle. Our market entry is the growing California ADU (accessory dwelling unit) market, where small and beautiful is big and valuable.
We seek a highly motivated and experienced individual to join Periscope as a Job Captain / Draftsperson. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make conclusions drawing upon experience, research, and input from peers. The core responsibility of this role will be to produce architectural drawings from 3D models and floor plans.
Great candidates appreciate a dynamic environment and are able to easily adapt to frequent project changes. They appreciate an environment where individuals carry tremendous responsibility and where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded. Successful candidates will be able to work effectively as a part of a team or independently with minimal oversight. They will also have a willingness to work on a variety of building topologies and architectural styles.
- Produce Architectural drawings in ArchiCAD in accordance with company quality standards and city requirements, including structural, electrical and mechanical designs.
- Ensure required equipment and building materials are aligned and specified properly throughout drawings.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the list of materials.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and team to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
- Follow instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings.
- Communicate with supervisor, peers and Company staff working as part of a team contributing to program success.
- Great communication capability.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Experience in ArchiCad drawing software.
- Working knowledge of CAD standards and drafting/architectural practices and methods.
- Knowledge of SketchUp or relevant 3D visualization tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive and OneDrive.
- Ability to navigate, read, and interpret Architectural construction documents and general construction design and process.
- Knowledge of residential design and construction methods and materials.
Ability to analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements and other technical documents.
- Excellent graphic, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Degree in Architecture or related field
- 2+ years minimum post graduate work experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org