Join Ratcliff to discover what is important, imagine the potential and design for extraordinary outcomes.
We are looking for talented staff that possess open minded thinking, a disciplined approach to work and motivation to transform the built environment.
- Critical thinking
- Strong design sense
- Deep intelligence and curiosity
- Flexible mindset
- Strong work ethic
Ratcliff possesses a vibrant vision, a drive for innovation and a commitment to sustainable design. With a legacy in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1906, the firm is a living, evolving architecture firm, dedicated to learning what is important to our clients, our community, and our planet. This results in the design of extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff’s staff of 65 engage clients who share our values and serve as strategic partners in designing sustainable building solutions. Our primary practice areas of academic, healthcare and civic architecture present significant opportunities for a sustainable architecture that is driven not only by place-based questions of purpose, design and technology, but by deeper issues of our enhanced contribution to society.
Ratcliff’s academic practice is well-recognized as a regional leader in the planning and design of public and private higher education facilities and of independent K-12 schools. This is an exciting moment in our firm’s academic practice to re-evaluate priorities and the approach to our work and to set future direction. The most important performance objective for this role is to co-lead strategic efforts that will contribute to the evolution and growth of our academic design practice. The goal is consistent growth in revenue and profitability.
Working with the current practice co-leader, Principals and the firm’s Management Committee, this individual will play a key role in the development and execution of business strategies, providing practice leadership via skills in business development, marketing, staff development, project design/delivery and client relations while maintaining and raising the quality standards inherent in the firm’s practice.
Planning, directing, and controlling the delivery of projects, including administering contracts and ensuring that all projects within the practice area collectively support the overall goals and vision of the company are a priority. Financial and leadership reports to the firm’s Management Committee are a requirement.
- 15+ years of experience in the academic design fields.
- A degree in Architecture is preferred.
- Current California architectural licensure is mandatory and additional professional credentials including LEED AP is preferred.
- Strong existing relationships with industry leading clients and capability to provide references from key decision makers in client organizations.
- Knowledge of current trends in academic facilities design and delivery.
- A proven track record in the acquisition of new clients and the ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety of roles.
- Public speaking, publications and event participation is required.
- Proficiency in using current software programs in the office as necessary to perform duties as described above.
- Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Ratcliff will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
Ratcliff, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is conveniently located in Emeryville, between Berkeley and Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit resume with cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. All responses will be held in confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com