Website SABArchitects, Inc.
The Company: SABArchitects is a vibrant architecture and interior design firm located on the south bank of the Lake Washington Ship Canal in Seattle, Washington. We are seeking energetic staff members who are interested in taking themselves and SABA to the next level. SABA’s success rests in our deep respect for our staff and our clients. For our staff, we provide a fun, collaborative, and supportive place to work where you can go as far as your abilities and drive can take you. For our clients, we listen carefully and apply all of our design, technical, and management skills to deliver projects that meet their goals.
SABA is a regional leader in the design of high-tech offices, healthcare facilities, research and development labs, and early education centers. Our clients include; Amazon, Fred Hutch, The Nature Conservancy, Bright Horizons, Juno Therapeutics, Novo Nordisk, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Virginia Mason Hospital, and Kaiser Permanente. SABA’s overall compensation package includes: competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthcare, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401K with corporate match, NCIDQ exam study support, locker rooms with showers, bicycle and kayak parking. SABA is also proud to offer access to the SABA CoLab, an innovation center housing our resource library and design incubation spaces.
The Position: Architectural Designer
- To lead internal project teams with the overall development and execution of contract documents.
- To be a firm-wide resource for technical issues associated with constructability, detailing, and code.
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of project types including ground-up science and technology buildings, healthcare facilities, and complex full-building commercial tenant improvements.
- Typical duties will include:
- Attending design and construction meetings with clients
- Leading internal team meetings to develop and coordinate design and construction documents
- Assisting with conceptualizing and developing project designs
- Mentoring less experienced staff
- Actively participating in construction administration
- Potential to participate in business development and marketing efforts
- Potential for some West Coast travel
Qualifications and Experience:
- MArch or BArch degree
- Architecture license, or on the path to licensure
- 5 or more years of experience in the architectural field.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to plan work for themselves and team members.
- Excellent knowledge of building and fire codes.
- Excellent knowledge detailing various aspects of projects
- Shell and core experience are a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good experience using Revit & AutoCAD in a professional setting for drawing production
- A collaborative nature and a desire to see all team members succeed
Remote work policies:
SABA is excited to offer long-term remote policies allowing for flexibility. We allow team members to work 3 days per week from a location of the employees choosing provided the location meets the professional needs outlined in our ‘Remote Work Strategy’ documentation. At times, project needs may result in temporary adjustments to service our clients during deadlines and key project milestones. SABA employees are expected to reside within commuting distance of the office.
SABA’s overall compensation package includes competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthcare, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401K with corporate match, professional licensing exam support, continuing education support, professional dues support, locker rooms with showers, secure bicycle and kayak storage, and remote working flexibility. SABA is also proud to offer access to the SABA CoLab, an innovation center housing our resource library and design incubation spaces.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com