Website SERA Architects, Inc.
For more information and to apply, please see our careers page:
What you’ll do:
You will work collaboratively with firm Principals and senior staff on fast-paced private development projects. Your creative input, insight, and knowledge will be highly valued on projects where your responsibilities will include preliminary regulation research, design support, testing and exploration, generating presentations and supporting graphic collateral, coordinating with sub-consultants and mentoring less experienced staff.
Why is this role important?
Urban Design and Planning is an interdisciplinary studio within SERA that interacts with architects, landscape architects, urban designers, planners, and engineers across the firm’s five market sector-aligned studios. By bringing interdisciplinary skills together throughout the design process, we plan, design, and build vibrant places for our private sector clients while always keeping a focus on the greater community good. The perfect candidate has an interest and affinity with interdisciplinary design processes and a proven ability to take ideas to realization with the mindset of best practices in urbanism.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Generally have 4 – 7 years of industry experience in an architect’s office.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite required.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of Enscape, Lumion, Bluebeam, Rhino, Formit, and/or Sketchup preferred.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses or alternate solutions to a problem with some supervision.
- Develop professional judgment and decision making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Develop leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org