Website SGPA Architecture and Planning
SGPA Architecture and Planning is a leading architectural design firm with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, and Fresno. For over 50 years, we’ve become specialists in projects that feature or blend retail, residential, education, senior living, and wellness. Our practice, committed to enhancing the quality of people’s lives through smart design, is rooted in creative approaches, effective management, and technology.
Our San Francisco office seeks an experienced Junior Designer / Job Captain with 3 to 7 years’ experience, possess a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or an equivalent related Design degree, and be on track for licensure as an Architect in the State of California.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
- Experience with any combination of the following: commercial/mixed use, retail, multi-family residential, high-end custom residential, senior living and wellness projects
- Site planning illustration
- Proficiency with SketchUp, Photoshop, Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Outlook, and familiarity with other industry software applications are desirable
- Basic understanding of materials and methods of construction
- Excellent graphic and design capabilities exhibited through resume and portfolio example projects
- Comprehends design concepts in both verbal and graphic communications
- Capable of composing and extending design elements in presentation format
- Additional desirable skills: familiarity with building and zoning codes and ability to compose design details into Construction Documents
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Work under the collaborative direction of the following individuals: Director of Design, Senior Designer(s) and Project Architect(s) / Project Manager(s) to develop design concepts that respond to Firm and Client objectives
- Development and preparation of conceptual design sketches and exhibits for commercial/mixed-use, retail, multi-family residential, senior living and wellness projects along with related site planning illustrations
- Selection of building material and color palette presentation boards
- Prepare 3-D models of proposed designs utilizing presentation modeling and/or BIM software
- Assist with the development and production of Construction Documents as necessary based on project workload
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental, paid vacation, and flexible spending options. Capable and enthusiastic job performance will be rewarded with opportunity and responsibility. Our unique office schedule of 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday allows you to enjoy longer weekends, as the office closes at 11:30am every Friday. SGPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobsSF@sgpa.com