We are seeking a talented Intermediate Designer who is interested in working on a wide variety of locally based projects in a small office environment. This individual would be responsible for design, presentation materials, and drafting on projects. They will work under the supervision of a senior project team member, but with opportunities to interact with clients and consultants throughout the design process.
Graduate of an accredited Interior Design or Architectural school with a minimum of 4-6 years diverse experience.
General knowledge of residential and/or commercial architecture, interior design experience a plus. . Basic experience in design development and presentation documents. Basic understanding of coordination with building systems, e.g. MEP & structural. Ability to interpret plans and specifications. Capable of solving design and detail problems under direct supervision. Basic knowledge of product costs, and the entitlements process, and 2019 CA Building Codes, along with a desire to work on a wide range of project types and scales.
Well-rounded design, presentation, and technical skills commensurate with experience. Fluency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Cloud. Knowledge of other 3D modeling software along with a comfort in alternative forms of representation (sketching, physical modeling, painting, etc) a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the senior project team member, carries out the design and/or production aspects of the project.
2. Assist or lead programming effort, schematic design, design development, and in the development of construction documents*.
3. Coordinate consultant drawings*.
4. Assists with the selection and specification of material and finishes*.
5. Assists in construction administration, including submittal and shop drawing reviews, along with periodic site observations of construction projects.
6. Ability to work in-office on a regular basis to aid in internal project coordination and team collaboration.
*Extent of responsibility will vary depending upon the characteristics of the project, its size and complexity, its design objectives and specific experience of the team.
What We Offer:
· WORK-LIFE BALANCE – while we offer excitement and challenge, we encourage you to have a life beyond the office.
· FLEXIBILITY – While we work best when everyone is together in a collaborative environment, we do offer the flexibility to work remotely on an as-needed basis.
· SUPPORT – We offer financial reimbursement for professional development, licensure, certification, and training. We encourage and welcome you to voice personal and professional goals and ask for our support.
· BENEFITS – paid holidays, paid personal/vacation days off, health plan, 401(k), competitive salary, and commuter benefits.
· GROWTH – We offer an opportunity for you be involved in all stages of the design/construction process and interact directly with the various members of the consultant/client team. A small office allows for exposure and experience in all aspects of a project.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a few sentences at the beginning of your cover letter to describe yourself, your interests, or even your tastes in movies. We want to hear about you!
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.