Website SIM Architects, Inc.
SIM ARCHITECTS, established in 1996, is celebrating its 26th Anniversary this year! We are growing and are looking to add a Job Captain who is self-motivated, hard-working, and focused with more than 5 years of full-time experience on educational, commercial, residential, ecumenical, community-driven building projects. The position will provide opportunities for tremendous growth and advancement in a variety of roles; and exposure to diverse building typologies at our office. We are currently working on various new projects including educational, institutional, commercial, residential, and ecumenical structures. Some of the projects include a major renovation to an existing high school campus, new mixed-use residential development, new civic building for a Bay Area municipality, a new master plan for a new sports arena, a new college campus master plan, and a new iconic church structure.
Excellent career opportunities in a stable design-oriented firm. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, holidays, PTO, and 401(k) with matching in addition to a collaborative, healthy, stable, and vibrant work environment with life/work balance.
Our office is located in the Financial District within walking distance of all major transit systems. Currently, we are working remotely due to the shelter-in-place order and will be working back to a hybrid model when we are able to do so. We have been thriving while working remotely and will continue to embrace the new work paradigm moving forward. Our office is also looking to build additional satellite offices in the East Bay as well as the South Bay in the coming months to get our offices closer to where our talented teammates live and work.
- More than 5 years of full-time experience in producing, coordinating, detailing construction document set.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of California Building Code and ADA Accessibility Code.
- Working knowledge of various construction types, building materials, and systems.
- Strong collaboration and effective communication with project team is required.
- Proven ability to produce fully coordinated construction document set.
- Proficiency with REVIT, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite, and hand-sketching graphic skills.
- Proactive attitude with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and presentational skills is required.
- Ability to work on smaller projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a larger team. Able to work effectively, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development.
- Willingness to pitch in and assist where needed in a team-oriented culture.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the qualifications, please submit a cover letter, resume, and samples of work via PDF-formatted electronic copy (maximum 5MB) only. Please reference “Job Captain” as the subject on all communications related to this job listing. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Please check out the link to our Podcast below as well as our LinkedIn sites for an additional overview of SIM Architects. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMfHkUYb1Xs
Please email your cover letter, resume, and sample of work to:
Director of Human Resources
SIM Architects, Inc.
433 California Street, Suite 620
San Francisco, CA 94104
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org