Website SIM Architects, Inc.
SIM ARCHITECTS, established in 1996, is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year! We are growing and are looking to add a Job Captain who is self-motivated, hard-working, and focused with more than 5 years of full-time experience on educational, commercial, residential, ecumenical, community-driven building projects. The position will provide opportunities for tremendous growth and advancement in a variety of roles; and exposure to diverse building typologies at our office. We are currently working on various new projects including educational, institutional, commercial, residential, and ecumenical structures. Some of the projects include a major renovation to an existing high school campus, new mixed-use residential development, new civic building for a Bay Area municipality, a new master plan for a new sports arena, a new college campus master plan, and a new iconic church structure.
Excellent career opportunities in a stable design-oriented firm. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, holidays, PTO, and 401(k) with matching in addition to a collaborative, healthy, stable, and vibrant work environment with life/work balance.
Our office is located in the Financial District within walking distance of all major transit systems. Currently, we are working remotely due to the shelter-in-place order and will be working back to a hybrid model when we are able to do so. We have been thriving while working remotely and will continue to embrace the new work paradigm moving forward.
- More than 5 years of full-time experience in producing, coordinating, detailing construction document set.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of California Building Code and ADA Accessibility Code.
- Working knowledge of various construction types, building materials, and systems.
- Strong collaboration and effective communication with project team is required.
- Proven ability to produce fully coordinated construction document set.
- Proficiency with REVIT, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite, and hand-sketching graphic skills.
- Proactive attitude with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and presentational skills is required.
- Ability to work on smaller projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a larger team. Able to work effectively, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development.
- Willingness to pitch in and assist where needed in a team-oriented culture.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the qualifications, please submit a cover letter, resume, and samples of work via PDF-formatted electronic copy (maximum 5MB) only. Please reference “Job Captain” as the subject on all communications related to this job listing. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Please check out the link to our Podcast below as well as our LinkedIn sites for an additional overview of SIM Architects. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMfHkUYb1Xs
Please email your cover letter, resume, and sample of work to:
Director of Human Resources
SIM Architects, Inc.
433 California Street, Suite 620
San Francisco, CA 94104
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com