A little about who Síol is…
Our office is based on culture.
Our success is built on trust and empowerment.
Curiosity is the foundation of success.
Through equity and inclusivity, we embrace multiple perspectives.
Collaboration on projects fortifies a strong team.
Transparency engenders trust.
A healthy work-life balance clears the mind.
A little bit of what we hope defines you…
We are looking for a Designer that can see themself thriving in the above environment.
We elevate those who embrace their role in leadership by setting the example.
Successful projects rely on dedication, planning, and attention to detail.
A team’s growth and success is dependent on empowerment and the distribution of responsibility.
Learning from others forms a diverse worldview.
Architects embrace the expertise of their consultants to make a cohesive project.
Form and Function need not be mutually exclusive.
Job Title: Architect
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $110,000 – $160,000
This job description reflects the general level and nature of the job. It is not intended to be all inclusive.
This role is encompasses the primary responsibility for all aspects of the project from concept/narrative through move-in; directing the team of staff members, resources and processes. This person can be relied up on to present directly to the client on technical, design, financial, and contract solutions. Accountable for the design quality of each project managed, adherence to established budgets and schedules. The Architect will liaise between principal, clients and the project team to insure smooth workflow and successful project completion.
Autonomous implementation of the following with little to no involvement from the Principals:
• Set and delegate team organization of project files, documents, and photos
• Lead meetings, set agenda topics, and identify stakeholders
• Developing and maintaining client relationships
• Establish project schedules and deadlines
• Host presentation meetings with clients
• Lead design process and make decisions within a team
• Direct the sourcing, purchase, receipt, and quality check of FF&E
• Instruct team in their research of various code research. Ex: environmental, safety, structural, and zoning regulations
• Site visits for documentation and oversight
• Direct and educate the team in navigating drawings/submittals through permit offices as projects require
• Manage others in the creation of permit sets, outline specifications, schedules, and details
• Identify, interview, and select potential consultants
• Review structural engineers and other consultants’ drawing sets for conformity
• Oversee and maintain standards for drawing details
• Stay current new materials while sharing product knowledge
• Toggle between jobs and tasks, and keep junior staff productive
• Construction Administration which may include bringing a contractor on board, participating in walk throughs with potential contractors, collecting bids, reviewing bids with the client, and engaging the chosen contractor.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES – REQUIRED
• Licensed in the state of California
• 10+ years of experience practicing architecture
• Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites, and G Suite
• We are a Mac office so familiarity with Mac applications is ideal. We are currently using ArchiCAD
• Proficiency in hand drawing and ability to effectively communicate graphically
• Ability to hand render and draw perspectives
• Efficient time management and prioritization of assigned tasks
• Strong sense of self motivation and attention to detail
• Proficiency in the production of Construction Documentation
• Demonstrates professional and clear communication skills
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Full employee medical and dental
• 15 PTO days per year
• 9 paid holidays + 2 additional floating holidays
• Competitive compensation package commensurate upon experience
If you meet these qualifications and are motivated to contribute in a team environment, please send cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails only, please. We value attention to detail and thoroughness; those who follow said protocol for application will be considered first.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com