Website Skylab Architecture
We are seeking a creative Senior Design Architect to lead design on a broad range of projects including commercial, mixed-use, hospitality, retail, and single-family residential. This individual must possess a strong foundation for creative concept development and work well with project teams. Excellent visualization, organization, and communication skills are required, as well as the desire and commitment to contribute in a highly design-focused and detailed-oriented studio environment.
Successful candidates are lead studio designers who are smart and motivated to work independently and with the project team.
Senior Design Architect Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Directors and Principals to develop the studio design vision.
- Prepare and deliver design presentations to clients.
- Advise and guide design teams to ensure consistent and high-quality design throughout project development.
- Review document technical requirements, development and project plans to ensure adherence to defined standards and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the design staff.
- Work closely with Principals to guide and direct technical and professional growth of design staff.
- Ensure effective communications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture from accredited university program
10 -15 Years of experience leading projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Mastery in Architectural software platforms currently used to perform work such as Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for presentation production.
- Experience leading projects and project teams and willingness to contribute to all phases of a design project.
- Comfortable giving presentations on a range of subject matter to internal and external audiences
- Ability to communicate design solutions in a clear and compelling way.
- Team player who enjoys both independent and teamwork environments
- Registered Architect and LEED credentials preferred
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role/title in the email subject line
- No phone calls, please
Skylab is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.