Website Studio BBA
The Ideal Candidate:
You are passionate about architecture and cannot think of anything better than working in a small firm in San Francisco that creates places that people love.
You are sharp, ambitious and are interested in all aspects of project delivery.
Your personality is professional, high energy and emotionally intelligent. You like to work hard and play hard.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for that special someone who loves to learn while doing. You will support the design team and learn how projects get done.
A little history and background about Studio BBA: our architecture firm’s mission is to design creative, energizing and thoughtful places for residential, commercial and hospitality uses. We strive to be the go-to firm for human-centered, modern design. To do this, we employ a team of exceptionally warm, creative and hardworking people who are committed to impeccable design, service, and teamwork.
Within a supportive office and an ever-growing roster of clients, a career at Studio BBA offers an opportunity to make a significant impact in a prominent and growing San Francisco-based design studio.
As a Designer 1, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be motivated and creative, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not organized, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor empathetic need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are driven by bringing great design to life and passionate about supporting and collaborating with an ambitious and talented group of people.
- Support Project Architects in preparation of all project documents
- Support Project Architects in project delivery inc. Documentation & Construction Observation
- Prepare design presentations
- Project research in sustainable, net zero, and carbon neutral building technology
- Material and Finishes sample procurement and management
- A professional degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- 1+ years of related experience (OK if this was while you were in school)
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Revit, InDesign, Photoshop; Hand rendering, Bluebeam, Miro, Canva, Enscape and Sketch Up a plus.
- Highly motivated to learn.
- Time management skills
- Comfort with attention shifting & prioritization
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, full-time, exempt position
- Great benefits including health, dental, 401K, and generous PTO
- This is an in-office role, with remote work (WFH) flexibility once a week and on a case-by-case basis
How to Apply
To apply, please follow these two steps:
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put “Designer 1 Application” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no unsolicited calls or walk-ins; applications submitted without a resume or personalized cover letter will not be reviewed.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Studio BBA. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Studio BBA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.