Website Studio KDA
Studio KDA is an award-winning, forward-thinking design firm specializing in multifamily housing, retail and restaurant design. We are known for engaging, thoughtful design, high level of service to our clients and a highly enjoyable and supportive work environment including flexible work schedules and ability to work from a remote location.
We have an immediate need for a self-motivated, intermediate-level designer / job captain to assist in all phases of production from feasibility studies to construction administration.
Ideal candidates will:
- Produce designs, illustrative plans, diagrams, graphics and working drawings using CAD and BIM software (Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS6)
- Be able to put together well-coordinated drawing sets
- Assist the Project Architect & Project Manager with coordinating consultant designs and specs, participating in client meetings, managing work schedules and adhering to budgetary constraints.
- Analyze building codes, space and site requirements, and other technical documents to determine their effect on architectural designs and implement accessibility requirements
- Have experience in construction detailing
- Have experience in Construction Administration
- Oversee the work of drafters, reporting progress and issues to the project lead as needed.
- Independently solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture
- 4+ years of experience with similar project types
- Strong Revit skills preferred. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Excel, Word, and Adobe CS.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to be completed
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills
- LEED accreditation and/or track toward licensure are a plus
We are committed to professional development through mentoring and continuing education. Our staff have ample opportunity to grow and advance quickly through demonstrated effort and success. Studio KDA provides competitive salaries and full benefits package including vacation, medical coverage, dental plan, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, disability insurance and commuter benefits program. As a collaborative and community-focused firm we provide the framework for social gathering through Friday celebrations, an annual River Trip, as well as field trips and seminars.
Our office is a casual, dynamic and collaborative environment. We designed and built the building we occupy, creating a space filled with natural light, generous workstations and outdoor terraces. In addition to an excellent studio environment, we ensure that employees have the tools they need (training, hardware, software, technical support, mentoring and continuing education) to enable inspired and efficient work.
To learn more about our projects, design philosophy and work environment please see our website at studiokda.com. Email letters, resumes and work samples to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org