Website Studio VARA
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, design-minded and has 5-7 years of post-degree experience and is willing to quickly take on responsibility and grow with our team. This position requires initiative, flexibility, excellent communication and a team player mentality. The Job Captain will assist our architects and team in seeing assigned contemporary residential, multi-family and commercial projects through to completion.
The Job Captain will demonstrate design talent and construction drawing experience, possess a willingness to learn and will approach work in a serious and thoughtful fashion. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and will work effectively with the Project Architect and other team members. We are a dynamic, creative and collaborative team with the feel of a start-up, and the depth of experience and professionalism of a larger office with plenty of room for growth.
Studio VARA is an award-winning design studio encompassing Architecture, Urban and Interior Design. Our SF office is friendly, dynamic, creative and productive. This position is a full-time exempt position, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, employer-paid full medical, dental & vision insurance, PTO, and 401k.
– Work with principals and senior staff to prepare presentation materials, 2D and 3D design and construction documents, including CAD, hand drawing & model making
– Create, edit, and manage construction drawing sets
– Assist with project correspondence, schedule, and budget
– Assist with Planning & Building Code compliance
– Collaborate with partners on design direction
– Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on sustainability
– Degree from an NAAB Accredited school of architecture.
– Minimum 5-7 years of experience of high-end residential, multi-family, hospitality and/or commercial projects.
– Technical knowledge of Type V construction, including past work in all phases of design and construction.
– Experience in construction detailing and assemblies, construction documents and experience in producing a complete construction document set, including schedules and specifications.
– Superior written and verbal English communication skills with a positive attitude, high-energy, and a keen eye for details.
– Working knowledge and proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
– A graphic proficiency and experience in assembling design presentations, within Adobe InDesign and the Creative Suite.
– Basic understanding of Consultant roles, scope, drawings and coordination.
– Excellent time management and organizational skills combined with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Ability to be a productive team member and to collaborate with the team while working on complex projects against rigid timelines.
– Effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to take direction.
– Shows initiative, pro-activity, and ownership of projects where appropriate.
– Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
– Personality: Upbeat, energetic, resourceful, responsible, takes initiative, dependable, trustworthy, takes pride in work. Essentially a can-do attitude that says, “No task is too small or too large”.
– Licensed architect in California or in the process of licensure.
– A stable, solid work history.
– Experience with Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray, 3D Max, and Enscape
– Experience with some Construction Administration tasks
– Experience with multi-family residential projects
– Experience with other construction Types is a plus!
To be considered, please email us your cover letter, resume, salary expectations and portfolio samples, to include samples of client presentation work and construction document work. Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line. If you read this entire posting, please start your cover letter with telling us about your favorite building in San Francisco and why.
At Studio VARA we take the safety of our team and clients very seriously. As such we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy. Employees must be able to show proof of vaccination and boosters prior to their start date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.