Website Studio Vara
Project Architect Needed at Established Architecture & Design Studio. Hybrid – Weekly In-Office & WFH
Are you fascinated by the intricate details of complex design projects? Do you love managing several projects simultaneously and being a mentor to new talent? Does participating in a project from conception to completion bring you great joy and satisfaction?
If so, Studio Vara is looking for a Project Architect:
– Work with principals and Project Managers to oversee all phases of projects from schematic design through CA, including permitting and plan check.
– Full-time exempt position 9-6 Monday-Friday, hybrid in-office at our SF mission district studio, and from home.
– Employer-paid full medical, dental & vision insurance, PTO, and 401k.
– Salary Range: 110k – 134k / year, commensurate with experience
– Act as prime point of contact for CA and consultant coordination.
– Lead the detailing, and full documentation of selected project interior & exteriors, and develop design in collaboration with the principals and team.
– Generate outline specifications and schedules.
– Assign and delegate tasks to team and effectively manage deadlines for production, renderings, presentations, and research.
– Produce and manage project schedules, work plans, client correspondence, and documentation.
– Review design, and documentation for Planning and Building Code compliance.
– Review documents for QA/QC.
– Uphold best practices and Studio VARA’s process standards and CAD standards.
What you’ll need:
– 7-10 years of experience including the interior architecture of high-end residential, multi-family, hospitality and/or commercial projects.
– Degree from a school of architecture.
– Working knowledge and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD.
– Licensed architect in California or in the process of licensure.
– Technical knowledge of Type V construction, including past work in all phases of design and construction.
– Superior written and verbal English communication skills with a positive attitude and ability to take direction from clients.
– Experience mentoring junior staff – managing the delegation of production and responsibility for project documentation.
– Modern design skills and the sensitivity to be very design detail oriented.
– Experience with Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray, 3D Max, and Enscape
– 4-5 years project management or team-leading experience
– Experience with multi-family residential projects and other construction types
Studio VARA is a dynamic, creative, and collaborative award-winning design studio encompassing Architecture, Urban and Interior Design.
To be considered, please respond with your resume, portfolio samples and a cover letter including salary expectations and telling us about your favorite SF building.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Employees must be able to show proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org