Website TEF Design
Intermediate Interior Architect/Designer
Compensation: Salaried, full-time position with benefits.
Employment type: full-time
Firm: TEF Design (formerly known as Tom Eliot Fisch)
In business for twenty years, TEF Design is an award-winning architectural design practice known for crafting imaginative and enduring places, where people come together to share ideas and build community. We are skilled in developing cohesive design solutions that integrate the social, economic and political dynamics of urban development through authentic collaboration and a shared commitment to value, sustainability and performance.
Collaboration is at the heart of each day, and good ideas come from everyone, not just principals. Project types and sizes are diverse; we are a group of people that loves variety. Staff contribute meaningfully to assignments that range from healthcare and workplace design, to schools and projects that enhance our community, and by the way, electrical substations, too. We are generalists who share a common ethos driven by research, economy, responsibility, and authentic collaboration with clients who value our services.
Our firm culture is one of teaching and learning including weekly “TEF Talks” bringing in colleagues and guests or sharing our current work, “TEF Teaches” where our in-house experts share knowledge about technical issues such as planning and building codes, REVIT, and other software tricks. We have a mentor/mentee program where everyone who wants can choose a mentor who can advise on firm questions as well as life and career questions. And, we’re in the midst of a Project Management 101 series of seminars. We strongly support professional development, by paying for classes and supporting our staff taking the licensing exams, we want everyone in the firm to grow!
We play together, too; come join our weekly Trivia games, take our in-house yoga class, or share in our Breakfast Club. And, we also believe in work/life balance, including flexibility and accommodations for young families.
We take pleasure in our connection to the wider community, through our work and volunteer/service initiatives – our practice is dedicated to non-profit partners where we provide pro-bono services. We recently completed a mural project for one of our K-8 schools and annually work with a local service organization to provide design support and resources.
We own our two-story office building as a permanent hedge against the rising cost of office rents in the City. Our open plan, light-filled office is on the top floor, in an evolving residential and commercial neighborhood, close to public transportation. Currently, we are working remotely!
We seek an interior architect/designer who will contribute to a wide array of projects.
This is a salaried, full-time position with benefits.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Participation in all levels of interior projects from programming and design through completion of construction.
– Work closely with Principals and other team members on all aspects of projects.
– Preparation of client presentations.
– Periodic travel to job sites; all in the Bay Area.
We realize that every interested candidate might not have all of the desired experience, but here is what we are looking for in terms of experience and skills… the more you have, the better!
– Candidates should have 5 – 7 years of experience with a focus on quality design of interior spaces including production of documents.
– A sincere passion for creating innovative and thoughtful design solutions.
– Experience in design, document production and oversight, and construction phase services.
– Facility with furniture selection and specification is a plus, as well as some experience in health care related projects, including medical offices and clinics.
– This position requires the candidate to be a “people person,” who is comfortable interacting with clients, principals, teammates, consultants and contractors.
– Flexibility and ability to independently juggle a variety of projects, clients and tasks.
– Proficiency in Revit 2018, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. Proficiency using BIM 360 is plus.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up.
– A professional degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
– Architectural or an interior design certification license
Opportunity to grow your career and work with a long standing, stable, award-wining firm.
TEF offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, including health benefits, disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with company match, vacation, sick leave, tax deferred Clipper Card program, and discretionary performance bonuses. Potential parking depending on commute.
Please email your résumé and cover letter with TEF in the subject line.
Local candidates only.
Qualified résumés with cover letter will receive notification of receipt.
Please do not send your résumé to the firm directly.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org