Website Todd Jersey Architecture
ABOUT US: An early innovator in designing projects with both people and earth-care in mind, Todd Jersey Architecture (TJA) leads the way in sustainable, cost-effective design, creating some of California’s most beautiful, comfortable and ecologically-sound projects. With over 30 years of experience, our approach integrates budget considerations with sustainable methods, strategies, materials and systems to eliminate the need to choose between designing and building sustainably – and beautiful, affordable design. Our clients share our passion of harnessing the power and efficiency of sustainability and benefit from the approach.
TJA’s over 300 projects include many works that have received wide acclaim for excellence in design. From new home construction to residential remodels and accessory dwelling units, commercial tenant improvements to new multi-family housing, non-profit to commercial and institutional projects. The studio vibe is relaxed and friendly with a focus on delivering high quality results. We are a small studio and the vibe is relaxed and friendly with a focus on delivering high quality results.
POSITION: Todd Jersey Architecture (toddjerseyarchitecture.com) is seeking an intermediate level Architect with five or more years of experience to join its staff. Under supervision of the Design Principal, this position manages projects including producing architectural documents in the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project while implementing the company’s architectural procedures, standards and quality expectations. This position will quickly generate design options as well as translate Principal’s vision into Revit models. Other responsibilities include researching municipal permit submittal requirements, preparing submittal documents and coordinating the work of consultants, keeping the Principal and Sr. Project Manager informed at all stages. This position will have day-to-day client and other project member management responsibilities. Success entails delivering projects against the agreed upon design intent and the three pillars of Todd Jersey Architecture projects – sustainability, cost-efficiency and beauty.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with Principal on design of projects;
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of all documents;
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials;
- Track project time versus budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and organize workflow;
- Create and/or work with the project team to produce presentation materials;
Research and specify materials, products and systems;
- Attend job site meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and drawing reviews during Construction Administration;
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Accredited masters degree in architecture;
- Minimum of five years related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on residential projects;
- Five years of construction document experience or technical knowledge of wood-frame construction or desire to learn;
- Demonstrated graphic skills and proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Sketch-up;
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience. We also offer paid vacation and sick leave. Continued professional development is encouraged and a stipend is offered.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com – with PROJECT CAPTAIN APPLICATION in the subject line – your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Please include in your application, a description of your role on projects that relate to the qualifications needed for this position. We look forward to getting to know you.