Website Type Five
Type Five is a housing company that builds and designs exceptional homes. We streamline the hard parts of homebuilding so we can focus on what matters most: a seamless process, thoughtful design, and quality craft.
We’re building a homebuilding operating system that brings together our modular design system with software to build homes faster and more economically. We believe that standardizing how every home is designed and built unlock the ability for more people to own living spaces that meet their unique needs.
We’re looking to grow our small and mighty team with creative, entrepreneurial, mission-driven, and relentlessly passionate people that can help us build the home for the next generation of owners.
About the Role
As a Permit Architect, you’ll work closely with our head of design to draft detailed plans and permits for our projects. You will manage the permitting process for multiple projects from drafting to submission to revision and resubmittal. You’ll also work with our software and BIM team to accelerate how we are able to assemble and file permits in a way that requires less manual overhead.
We’re looking for someone that’s a creative problem solver, autonomous, and curious to expand skill sets in software-driven parametric design.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- 3-5 years of work experience in design through construction document phases, with an emphasis in construction document preparation and permitting submittals
- Deep working knowledge in AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit
- Experience in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Architectural Licensure
- Prior experience submitting permits to and working with various East Bay building departments: Berkeley, Oakland, Orinda, Alameda, El Cerrito, etc.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
Full Health, Dental, and Vision
Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
Flexible Work Hours