Website Van Meter Williams Pollack
“They have so much energy and passion about what they’re doing. It makes us love what we’re doing.” – Client
Van Meter Williams Pollack is an award-winning multi-disciplinary architecture and urban design firm with offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Minneapolis. We are an open and progressive office with a variety of challenging projects. Van Meter Williams Pollack’s architectural work focuses on community development including mixed-use, multi-family, and affordable housing projects. Beginning with a focus in sustainable practices and emphasizing urban infill, our work in community development and architecture, including transit-oriented design, has been recognized nationally. Visit VMWP’s “About Us” page, for a description of our work and philosophy.
Van Meter Williams Pollack (VMWP) is looking for a dynamic individual with well–rounded experience and a commitment to design and the environment to join our office as a full time BIM/VDC Specialist.
Advanced knowledge of and experience with Revit and related design software including detailed knowledge of software interfaces and translations between programs like Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC/ BIM 360), AutoCAD, Navisworks, Bluebeam, as well as Energy and Carbon Modeling Plugins etc.
A min. 4-5 years of Building Information Modeling or Virtual Design & Construction Management and content creation experience with 2-4 years of AEC and Dynamo scripting experience.
The BIM/VDC Specialist would work under a BIM Lead to manage the use of BIM/Revit software firm-wide, including the following:
- Develop and coordinate workflows to review BIM models to ensure model data is consistent and compliant with office standards and requirements and model health checks.
- Support project start-up coordination, help teams develop strategies for effective delivery of quality documents, and set-up each project
- Troubleshoot BIM user issues on a daily basis and provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production and technology needs of a multi-office firm
- Create and maintain office-wide BIM standards
- Create, maintain and regularly update the office BIM Execution Plan
- Support project teams by
- managing, creating and updating Revit content, library files and templates,
- creating and enforcing standards, and
- evaluating project models
- Ensure regular communication and coordination among BIM users across the firm
- Assist/create standard Revit content and review and approve any add-ins in response to specific project needs
- Coordinate with our IT team regarding server related issues, required hardware and software upgrades as well as maintain and support all BIM installations
- Develops educational materials and trains staff on BIM topics. Documents BIM standards and distributes to staff.
- Work directly with the Project Managers / Project Architects to perform Revit audit and QA at regular intervals or as required.
- Works in person at one of the 3 offices, SF, Denver, or Minneapolis at least several days per week (same as other staff)
To apply, e-mail cover letter, resume and portfolio to:
Van Meter Williams Pollack
Please, no telephone inquiries.