Website Verner Architects
Verner Architects is a boutique architecture firm based in Oakland specializing in custom residential and small-scale commercial projects. We offer a complete range of services for both new construction and renovation projects, from basic conceptual ideas to detailed design and build services.
We strive to enhance our client’s lives and the surrounding environment through beautiful, livable and sustainable design. Every project is a unique and highly collaborative experience working with clients, consultants, and contractor teams. We are passionate about what we do and love working with those who are like minded. Our designs tell our clients stories.
Position and Responsibilities
We are looking for a full-time Project Architect to join our team. Project Architect will have in-depth involvement coordinating the client’s vision to help ensure a successfully executed design. You must ensure that the team, both internally and externally, is working effectively and keeping to schedule and budget.
We value team members with an entrepreneurial spirit and a keen eye for design and detail in a creative, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is energetic, curious, enjoys a smaller office environment and has a willingness to get involved in all aspects of our projects, from concept design through punch list walkthroughs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- 3-5 years of professional office experience working in Architecture; majority of experience in high end residential preferred
- Strong design aesthetic
- Strong proficiency in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and hand sketching skills
- Proficiency in the production of Construction Documentation
- Knowledge of building codes, design standards, and permitting
- Familiarity with sustainable design and building practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with the willingness to take on various roles typical of a small firm
- Well organized and ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously
- Medical insurance
- Simple IRA with employer match
- Education Reimbursement
- Performance bonuses
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Based in our Oakland, CA office with local travel to client meetings and job sites. Some remote work considered.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with a Subject Title “Project Architect – your name”. Please no calls, walk-ins or recruiters.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org