Website Walker Warner Architects
Walker Warner Architects is an award-winning San Francisco firm with a staff of 60+ that has completed many residential, winery, and hospitality projects in California, Hawaii, and other Western states. Our work is tailored to the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. We believe in collaboration, continuous learning and sharing, and actively supporting candidates on the path to becoming licensed architects. Our office is friendly and spirited, with regular happy hours, field trips, and design-focused presentations. We are conveniently located in SoMa within walking distance of all major transit systems.
The Senior Technical Architect’s (STA) primary role is to provide direct technical support and oversight to the project teams. The STA will also coordinate with other STAs within the firm on standardized processes and systems to ensure consistent firm-wide technical quality control across the project teams and to elevate the technical knowledge of our staff. The position requires a deep knowledge of the design and documentation of highly detailed, single-family custom residential projects as well as the ability to develop and apply a thorough understanding of the firm’s design approach and
- Accredited degree in architecture
- 10+ years of experience managing, designing, and detailing high-end, single-family, custom residential projects
- Technical knowledge of Type V construction
- Basic understanding or demonstrated ability to learn ARCHICAD BIM
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Conduct quality control review of drawing sets and specifications at major project milestones
- Serve as a technical resource across assigned project teams and provide guidance and mentoring to the staff
- Assist assigned project teams to research and specify materials, products, and systems
- Assist in the continued development of office standards, best practices guidelines, and other learning resources
- Lead training/discussions to increase staff technical knowledge
- Facilitate the sharing of experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
- Collaborate with the firm’s waterproofing and building enclosure consultant on the development of project details
- Assist assigned project teams with the review of technical submittals, RFIs, and field questions during Construction
- Coordinate with other STAs to lead efforts to collect and analyze project performance data in order to inform firm’s
evolving best practices
- Attend related professional events and report back to the broader architectural staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive compensation package including profit sharing, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance, transit and flexible spending accounts, and ARE test reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins, or telephone calls. Reposting this job description elsewhere is not permitted.
Walker Warner Architects