Website William Duff Architects
William Duff Architects (WDA) is looking for a Full Time Marketing & Communications Team Member with 3-5+ years of experience preferably within the A/E/C community. You’d be part of a friendly, creative team led by the firm’s Director of Business Development (BD) & Marketing. This is a firm that understands the value of the Marketing and Business Development team and our efforts receive support and recognition firm wide.
We are an award-winning, inclusive architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Built as a people-based practice, we were recognized as the only architecture firm to make it on the San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work List (2020, 2022). With capabilities in multiple sectors, we specialize in residential, workplace, hospitality and retail across the Bay Area and beyond. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly brand-new workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
WDA is passionate about serving our clients through the creation of innovative, sustainable architecture delivered through excellent project management.
- Communication – We believe sharing ideas in a respectful, collaborative environment is essential to success.
- Creativity – We overcome challenges through unique and innovative solutions.
- Transparency – We conduct our work with openness, honesty and integrity.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence in all facets of our work.
- Growth – We promote the continuous improvement of our firm, projects, processes and people.
You know you’re the right person if you:
- Want a supportive, fun, comfortable, and efficient office environment
- Thrive in a friendly and creative team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Have a learning mindset and embrace a good challenge – yes please!
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- 100% employer sponsored health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Profit Sharing (401K)
- Combined PTO
- 9 paid holidays (includes 2 employee choice holidays)
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Mentorship program
- Architectural licensure support – AXP & ARE
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Food and wellness perks
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking and shower
- Commuter benefits
- Retail discount program
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of relevant marketing coordinator experience working in the A/E/C community.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Outstanding written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead, manage competing projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Well organized, attentive to details and a commitment to producing brand building high quality work
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite with a high level of competency in InDesign, SharePoint, Miro and other communications-related software programs
- Knowledge of CRM software Cosential a plus
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Receptive to coaching, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback and apply it to future work.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts, Journalism, English, Marketing, Planning or related field.
About the position (major responsibilities):
Proposal and Business Development Coordination:
- Primary support to Director of BD & Marketing and Practice Leaders on the coordination and preparation of strategic responses to RFPs and RFQs
- Plan, prepare and assist in the development and building of firm collateral (presentations and other supporting materials) ensuring all materials are effectively communicating our brand and strategic plan
- Collaborate with architectural technical staff to collect project data and descriptions for thought leadership, collateral and CRM (Cosential/Unanet) project database.
- Update and maintain CRM (Leads, Opportunities, Contact and Project Data)
- Assist in execution of firm award submissions and required exhibits
- Assist in the coordination, implementation, and execution of PR related events (SF Design Week, Sponsorships etc.)
- Assist in and the coordination of project photoshoots
- Participate in the development and execution of the Social Media content as part of our Marketing Plan
- Help produce written posts and thought leadership articles
- Assist in supporting the firm’s website and brand refresh project
- Hybrid Schedule. We are in the office as a team from Tuesdays through Thursdays. Mondays and Fridays are in office optional (local work from home available Mondays and Fridays).
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why this position interests you and a bit about your personal inspirations and aspirations as it relates to this role
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Candidates must be eligible to work full time in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Protect our team, protect our community: WDA requires our team members to be fully vaccinated (up-to-date) against COVID-19. If you are hired, vaccination verification documents will be required to complete the hiring process successfully.
LinkedIn Page: william-duff-architects-inc-
Instagram Page: wdarch_inc
Facebook Page: williamduffarchitects