Website William Duff Architects
Signing bonus – $7,000! William Duff Architects (WDA) is looking for a Project Manager with 10 years of experience to join our Community and Commercial Practice. We are an award-winning, inclusive architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Built as a people-based practice, we were recognized as the only architecture firm to make it on the San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work List (2020, 2022). With capabilities in multiple sectors, we specialize in residential, workplace, community, hospitality, and retail across the Bay Area and beyond. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly brand-new workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
WDA is passionate about serving our clients through the design of exceptional, sustainable architecture delivered through excellent project management.
- Communication – We believe sharing ideas in a respectful, collaborative environment is essential to success.
- Creativity – We overcome challenges through unique and innovative solutions.
- Transparency – We conduct our work with openness, honesty, and integrity.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence in all facets of our work.
- Growth – We promote the continuous improvement of our firm, projects, processes, and people.
You know you’re the right person if you:
- Want a supportive, fun, comfortable, and efficient office environment.
- Thrive in leading a friendly and creative team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Love to see your design built!
- Have a learning mindset and embrace a good challenge – yes please!
- Are committed to mentoring the next generation of well-rounded architects and designers!
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10 or more years of experience working in an architecture office designing and managing publicly funded and non-profit commercial workplace tenant improvement, shell and core and rehab projects. Experience managing private client commercial projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of commercial design, construction means and methods, architectural detailing, and building and planning codes.
- Experience guiding and managing projects with diverse and large stakeholder groups.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a project team.
- Proven ability to navigate dynamic or ambiguous situations, schedules, and project demands.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Strong design ability as a representative in sketches, renderings, or other means.
- Proficiency with BIM software (Revit strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products, and net-zero design strategies.
- Experience and/or interest in participating in business development and marketing activities.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an accredited college, university, or equivalent in education or experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensure preferred, preferably in California. LEED AP certification encouraged.
- Work closely with Practice Leaders to manage multiple active mid-sized community or commercial core and shell, rehab, and workplace tenant improvement projects.
- Manage project setup, establish project goals, prepare a work plan, and assess staffing needs with regularized updates.
- Manage and lead in the design of a project with the project team. Prepare sketches and concepts with the team and develop project design with Principal and Founding Principal.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and research relevant information with the team.
- Ensure that the project conforms to a contractual agreement with the client.
- Provide technical expertise for effective detailing and constructability.
- Manage project schedule and budget to ensure profitability and completion of deliverables and projects on time.
- Manage and conduct code and product research with the team, and manage the permitting and agency approvals process.
- Manage the bidding and negotiation process, and assist the client in the evaluation of submitted bids.
- Guide and manage stakeholder meetings.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control processes to reduce risks and exposure in all phases of the project.
- Direct and manage Construction Observation activities, including scheduling, review of shop drawings, field observations, review of change orders, and review of contractor pay requests.
- Review project invoices and expenses.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Delegate project work, mentor, and motivate team members.
- Provide regularized growth opportunities and oversight for team members in various roles.
- Manages and conducts in-person meetings or work and site visits based on project needs.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Salary is based on experience, qualifications, and skillset. Salary range: $120,000 to $150,000. Discretionary bonuses and profit sharing are additional.
- In addition to compensation, WDA offers benefits that can amount up to an approximate additional $14,000 a year per employee. Benefits includes health, life and LTD insurance, professional development stipend, licensure renewals and other lifestyle, wellness and continuing education perks.
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- 100% employer sponsored health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Profit Sharing (401K)
- Hybrid Work Schedule (In office & local work from home)
- Combined PTO
- 9 paid holidays (includes 2 employee choice holidays)
- 10 Remote workdays
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Mentorship program
- Architectural licensure support – AXP & ARE
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Food and wellness perks
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking and shower
- Commuter benefits
- Retail discount program
- Hybrid Schedule. We are in the office as a team from Tuesdays through Thursdays. Mondays and Fridays are in office optional (local work from home available Mondays and Fridays).
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to email@example.com (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal design inspirations and aspirations
- Relevant work samples
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Candidates must be eligible to work full-time in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Protect our team, protect our community: WDA requires our team members to be fully vaccinated (up-to-date) against COVID-19. If you are hired, vaccination verification documents will be required to complete the hiring process successfully.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org