Website Winder Gibson Architects
Designer/Drafter Position: Winder Gibson Architects
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join our team as a Junior or Intermediate Designer/Drafter, working on custom single family and dynamic multifamily residential projects throughout the Bay Area.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing people-person who is extremely organized, works well with deadlines and is driven to help grow a creative design firm with a teamwork-based collaborative approach. You will work closely with the Project Managers, Job Captains and Principals to take exciting design-driven projects from conception through completion.
This is a full-time position with a base salary commensurate with experience. A full benefits package, along with the firm’s vacation practices are available.
- Accredited degree in architecture; M.Arch or 5-year B.Arch. Interior Architecture degrees will also be considered.
- Some architecture office experience
- Some experience with single family residential design and interiors preferred.
- Some experience with multifamily residential design preferred
- Sound basic technical knowledge of different construction types, building systems and building codes, including wood-framed residential construction.
- Strong proficiency with Revit is required. We are an all-Revit office and expect you to be ready to work from day one.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and Microsoft Excel is appreciated.
- Ability to communicate ideas with freehand sketches and physical/3D models
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills. Excellent professional email communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and maintain progress in several areas simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and able to produce accurate, succinct, and complete work
- Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Licensure not required but progress on this path is appreciated
About Winder Gibson Architects
We are a small firm of 11 people focused on custom residential, multifamily residential, small scale commercial and public art projects. www.archsf.com We focus on producing incredibly high quality, beautiful designed and smoothly delivered projects while maintaining a strong work life balance and a great culture that is supportive of growth in all our employees, both inside and outside the office. We have a team approach to all projects and are highly collaborative in everything we do, including our design work. Our firm is guided by the following values: beauty, functionality, communication, empathy, and follow through. Come join us so we can work together to build a great office and some great buildings for happy clients!
Compensation: Starting salary is based on experience.
Performance will be reviewed and salary increased accordingly at regular intervals.
Hours: This is a full-time position.