Woods Bagot is hiring a Senior Marketing Manager to support the development and implementation of strategic marketing and business development initiatives for the San Francisco Studio, as well as coordinate bid activities for significant, multi-million-dollar proposals. This multi-faceted role requires the ability to initiate, organize and lead the development of effective marketing strategies. They include creating substantive, well-designed marketing collateral, qualification packages, and proposals for public and private sector clients.
Working as part of a global Business Development, Marketing, and Communications team, you will contribute to firm-wide initiatives. That support sector and business growth in local, regional, and global markets. We are interested in individuals who can develop and implement coordinated campaigns to drive market awareness and client engagement.
As the successful candidate, you will have a keen eye for detail and a way with words, with excellent writing and editing skills. You can also engage with key stakeholders at all levels of a business and possess a strong graphic sense – understanding the type of effective graphics and images that engage the audience. The ideal candidate will also have exceptional relationship-building skills and experience working within a global professional services firm. Ideally, we would like you to have experience working in a San Francisco based architecture firm, or within the AEC industry, and have been actively involved in one or more professional organizations such as SMPS, ULI, AIA, etc.. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative and energetic marketing professional to be an integral part of our strategy and growth.
We believe that the exceptional contribution of all our people is the driver of our success. We offer a range of great medical benefits, 401(k), and leave policies to support you at work.
- Manage bid coordination and production, including strategic pursuit planning, research, submission writing, and text review, graphic design, and layout of bids utilizing Adobe InDesign and coordinating team contributions to submission content
- Coordinate studio material as required in support of regionally / globally significant bids
- Track and research public solicitations, project opportunities and conduct client research
- Develop portfolio documents to support opportunities and conversions
- Responsible for managing marketing system (CRM, image library, digital asset database) and encourage engagement at the Principal level
- Implement strategic marketing initiatives to support sector and business plan targets
- Manage studio marketing budget and track expenditures
- Assess locally relevant client intelligence alerts and elevate opportunities when required
In addition, you will be involved in:
- Contributing ideas to the Business Planning process
- Develop and build upon Woods Bagot’s selling proposition and brand
- Network and collaborate with industry to ensure that Principals are pursuing opportunities in the market place
- Partner with Principals to optimize their business development capabilities and their market profile
- Contribute to key messaging discussions for must-win and game-changer submissions and opportunities (How to Win)
- Developing useful external relationships with fellow Real Estate / Developer / AEC professionals in support of building market awareness
- Assisting in developing and managing thought leadership programs and other relevant Business Development events, including seminars, forums, and workshops
- Working with the Regional Communications Manager to identify and coordinate external and internal communication opportunities including appropriate local, national, and global award programs
- Identifying and coordinating appropriate local sponsorship opportunities and elevate to Leadership team to manage brand and reputation execution
- Assessing exemplar projects and key stories and develop and lead content and creation of awards submissions, in collaboration with regional and global Marketing and Communications Managers
- Monitoring local studio information on the website to ensure project data, photography, market experience, and people information is current. Provide Global Digital Communications team with updates as needed.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- A proven ability to pay close attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a track record of implementing marketing and client relationship projects to completion, on time and budget, often in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with requisite personal drive and energy
- Good listening, written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, particularly in writing proposals
- Work well as part of a team
- Operational excellence in all aspects of marketing
- Creativity and lateral thinking
- A degree in marketing, business, commerce, communications, design or equivalent experience
- 8-12 years (or equivalent) experience in a similar role
- At least five (5) years of experience working in an architecture firm or the AEC industry located in San Francisco
- Advanced software skills notably Adobe InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Excel
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter/email through to our Senior Marketing Manager LinkedIn post. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will close on October 8, 2021. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
It is an essential requirement that applicants must have the legal right to work in the US when applying for this position.
Inspiration. Innovation. Inclusiveness. We are Woods Bagot.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
At Woods Bagot, we are committed to creating an environment where the difference is celebrated, valued, and respected, practices are equitable, and our people feel like they belong. We accept that none of us is smarter than all of us. We believe building a diverse workforce is the foundation of creativity and innovative design – it is only by working together that we can realize the potential of our people, clients, and communities around us. Through our inclusive leadership and our truly global studio network of architects and designers, you will find your voice and have the support and flexibility required to bring your whole self to work and build an exceptional career.
We run a flexible working environment to ensure a strong work/life balance, including options for partial work-from-home and time-shifting your hours.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org