Website Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction
Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction is a multi-disciplinary, design focused firm working on architecture, interiors, DesignBuild and development projects. We have a staff of 12-15 people split between the office and the field, including architects, project manager/estimators, supervisors and carpenters. Our work is detail and construction oriented, modern in attitude and execution. We are actively involved in construction providing DesignBuild services for select client projects and our own residential development, working hand-in-hand with the architecture office.
We seek talented, design focused individuals with an interest in both design and construction. We provide a refined, high level of design, but we get our hands dirty. We know how to build, and for someone interested in the hands-on aspect of our profession we provide a unique opportunity.
5-8 years of experience working on residential, mixed-use and/or light commercial projects, with demonstrated competence in design, detailing and construction document skills. We are a relatively small office so there is a bit of “everyone does everything” approach at times. You will be supporting senior project managers on larger, more complex projects but if you have the experience, you will manage smaller projects, with oversight from senior staff. You should be self-motivated and able to work independently. Our office and project style promote high degrees of independence for the right person.
Current projects include custom homes, small multi-family housing and mixed-use and office projects.
Your Qualifications and Interests:
• Degree in Architecture BA or Masters.
• Experience and a deep interest in modern details, materials, finishes, etc.
• Experience in the process of a project: pre-design, design, documents, permits, CA, etc.
• Experience producing design, permit and construction documents, specifications, etc.
• Experience working with clients, consultants, entitlements, etc.
• Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideally you have some experience in San Francisco or Bay Area offices and projects, and working with the SF Planning and Building Depts.
• We are a Mac office, so familiarity with Mac applications is ideal. We are currently using Vectorworks 2019 & 2020 and some ArchiCAD. Ideally you will have 3D skills, Sketch Up or Vectorworks 3D, etc.
• While not required, as a DesignBuild company we value some hands-on experience making and building. Someone with experience in both the office and the field would be an amazing fit.
• An interest in learning both the design and construction side of a DesignBuild practice
• If you have an interest in Architect led Development we can provide an introduction into the nuances of that world- site acquisition, the pro forma, financing, real estate, etc.
We are looking for a good fit and are flexible on the amount of experience you have, as long as you can demonstrate excellence.
• Competitive salary DOE
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
• Medical and dental coverage with our Kaiser plan, or paid to your choice of coverage
• 401(k) with employer’s contribution up to 4% of your annual earnings
• Our office is in the Mission, near Valencia Street, close to Bart. We are more or less back to work in the office, with some flexibility for remote work. We are all enjoying being back at work!
Please e-mail your resume, work samples and references, include “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line. Pdf and word files only. Please no Drop-ins or Phone calls, and note that we cannot respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com