Website Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction
• We Design…………….
• We Build………………
• We Develop……………
• $1,000 Signing Bonus………………
• We are Different, Come Play With Us
Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction is a multi-disciplinary, design focused firm working on architecture, interiors, DesignBuild and development projects. We have a staff of 12-15 people split between the office and the field, including architects, project manager/estimators, supervisors and carpenters. Our work is detail and construction oriented, modern in attitude and execution. We are actively involved in construction providing DesignBuild services for select client projects and our own residential development, working hand-in-hand with the architecture office.
We seek talented, design focused individuals with an interest in both design and construction. We provide a refined, high level of design, but we get our hands dirty. We know how to build, and for someone interested in the hands-on aspect of our profession we provide a unique opportunity.
Intermediate Architect/Designer “Job Captain”
3-5 years of experience working on residential, mixed-use and/or light commercial projects, with demonstrated competence in design, detailing and construction document skills. We are a relatively small office so there is a bit of “everyone does everything” approach at times. You will be supporting senior project managers on larger, more complex projects but if you have the experience, you will manage small to mid-size projects, with oversight from senior staff. You should be self-motivated and able to work independently. Our office and project style promote high degrees of independence for the right person.
Current projects include custom homes, small multi-family housing and mixed-use and office projects. We have two active development projects where we get full creative license and can use to share the development process with you.
Your Qualifications and Interests:
• Degree in Architecture BA or Masters.
• Experience and a deep interest in modern details, materials, finishes, etc.
• Experience in the process of a project: pre-design, design, documents, permits, consultants, CA, etc.
• Experience producing design, permit and construction documents, specifications, etc.
• Experience working with clients, consultants, entitlements, etc.
• Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideally you have some experience in San Francisco or Bay Area offices and projects, and working with the SF Planning and Building Depts.
• We are a Mac office, so familiarity with Mac applications is ideal. We are currently using Vectorworks 2020 & 2022 and ArchiCAD. Ideally you will have 3D skills, Sketch Up or Vectorworks 3D, etc.
• An interest in learning both the design and construction side of a DesignBuild practice
• If you have an interest in Architect led Development we can provide an introduction into the nuances of that world- site acquisition, the pro forma, financing, real estate, etc.
• Competitive salary DOE
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
• Medical and dental coverage with our Kaiser plan, or paid to your choice of coverage
• 401(k) with employer’s contribution up to 4% of your annual earnings
• Our office is in the Mission, near Valencia Street, close to BART. We are more or less back to work in the office, with some flexibility for remote work. We are all enjoying being back at work!
*Signing Bonus paid out in two equal payment after 3 and 6 months of work
Please e-mail your resume, work samples and at least two recent references, include “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line. Pdf and word files only.
Please no Drop-ins or Phone calls, and note that we cannot respond to every applicant.