The General Plan: Your Roadmap to San Francisco’s Future<< All Events
The General Plan: Your Roadmap to San Francisco’s Future
The General Plan is the embodiment of San Francisco’s vision for the future, serving to guide the City’s evolution and growth over time. It provides a comprehensive set of objectives and policies that influence how we live, work, and move about, as well as the quality and character of the City. The General Plan reflects community values and priorities through its public adoption process, ensuring both private development and public action advance this vision. The Planning Department is currently undertaking several General Plan updates to respond to the many complex and pressing challenges facing San Francisco, including:
- Where and how much housing will get built? Who will it serve?
- How will we move about the city safely and reliably?
- How can we prepare for and mitigate the impacts of coming climate-related and other disasters?
- How can we promote health in communities of color and low-income communities that face higher pollution and other health risks?
- How do we cultivate inclusive communities where all members have the resources they need to thrive?
Architects’ perspectives and insights are invaluable in shaping innovative policies in service of improving peoples’ lived experience. Through the General Plan, such Policies influence legislation, code and future built environment opportunity throughout the city. Join us to learn how to engage and share your thoughts for addressing San Francisco’s current and future challenges!
About the Panelists
Deputy Director, Citywide Planning Division
Acting Principal Planner, Resilience + Sustainability Lead, Citywide Planning Division
Senior Housing Policy Planner | Community Equity Division