Website DGA planning | architecture | interiors
DGA planning | architecture | interiors is a progressive 160+ person design firm with a focus in the life sciences, technology and healthcare sectors. We have a broad range of exciting projects and a strong and supportive company culture.
We are looking for a Senior Project Architect for our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate will have a balance of design and technical skills and proven experience delivering large complex Type 1 Core and Shell projects. A minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial core and shell architecture is required (life science/high-tech experience a plus). Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture and California licensure is preferred. You should be able to work in a team setting and be responsible for the development of design and the creation of architectural drawings throughout all phases of a project.
Specific skills being sought include:
- Strong understanding of Type 1 and Highrise Design and Construction.
- Experience in planning and coordinating activities associated with the design, development, preparation, production and control of project documents from schematic design through construction administration on highly complex projects.
- Ability to perform building code analysis, define construction document requirements, coordinate architectural and engineering disciplines, coordinate the development of specifications, issue bid documents and review shop drawings.
- Experience in monitoring quality of documents and leading/ mentoring daily technical related assignments.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prepare accurate technical documents, graphic presentations and 3D renderings, with a focus on consistency and quality.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex design issues.
- Ability to work constructively with entitlement agencies in addition to all trades and relevant interested parties.
- Proficiency with 2D/ 3D software desired, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and/or Sketch-Up.
- Must be proficient in Revit / Autodesk Building Design, along with MS Office Suite. This position requires that you participate in the creation of documents as well as direct the efforts of other team members.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer who values workplace diversity. You must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States (sorry, no Visa sponsorships available for this position). Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio materials.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com