EHDD is an award-winning firm that provides architecture, interiors, planning and urban design services for educational, residential, institutional, commercial and civic clients. We are looking for a Designer II or III with exceptional design and communication skills to join our firm.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate designer who will bring new approaches to design process and strategy on a variety of projects. You are self-driven, resourceful and detail oriented to ensure the highest level of quality and service. Strong organizational skills, flexibility and critical thinking are necessary traits. A creative and proactive individual who is eager to take on new challenges and learn new skills will thrive in this position. We emphasize the importance of having a curious, speculative nature and a unique design perspective.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
· Participate in all aspects of design from initial programming through schematic design and plan approval by client
· Develop graphic renderings, 3D digital massing and construction drawings
· Develop technical details and coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies
· Conduct material and product research and selection
· Participate in marketing efforts and preparation of promotional material for potential new clients
· Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
· Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture
· 3-5 years’ experience in a design office [Architectural office preferred]
· Revit experience required
· Strong 3D visualization skills
· Ability to work independently on special assignments
· Fluency with Revit, AutoCAD and 2D/ 3D software
· Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
· Familiarity with Dynamo, Rhino, and Grasshopper preferred
· Strong knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation are a plus
· Fluency in physical prototyping as well as digital visioning on a wide variety of platforms and projects
Please send your resume, portfolio, and letter of interest explaining why you want to work at EHDD, sharing a software platform that you love, and how you’d make a great fit for this position to HR@ehdd.com.
EHDD offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401K match, and vacation. EHDD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.