Website Haas Architecture
Designer: with 2-3 years of residential work experience
Haas Architecture is an award-winning design studio working on a diverse range of creative and architectural projects, with a focus on beautifully designed, resilient, sustainable, and eco-responsible homes. The work is rooted in a holistic approach to design that values and encourages the creative exploration of ideas, the fundamentals of refined craft, and the importance of eco-stewardship.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated, highly creative, driven individual that has a passion for design, learning, growing and meeting challenges head on. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience working on residential projects and the capability to organize drawing sets, review/determine residential codes, develop plans, sections, elevations and technical details. The candidate would be highly skilled with developing 3d models in Sketchup (or alternatively in Rhino) and the ability to craft working physical models when necessary for design exploration, along with a great eye for presentation materials.
How we can Benefit you:
We are a small office, focusing on only a small handful of select projects at a time. The position offers the candidate the opportunity to wear many hats and to learn a broad range of architectural practice. As a small practice, the candidate will be an integral team member, where they can develop their design and technical skills/knowledge, and where shared ideas are valued and welcomed, all while working on interesting projects.
· Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree
· Understanding/Knowledge of residential design process and residential construction documents
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino (ideal, but not required if highly proficient in Sketchup), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word and Excel.
· Great design presentation skills
· Great physical model-making abilities
· Passionate about design.
· Personable, great people skills, works hard, but doesn’t take things too seriously, has good sense of humor.
· Team player, works easily with others, collaborative, can easily take direction.
· Ability to manage small tasks.
· Ability to call and coordinate with consultants when needed.
· An interest in eco-responsible design, LEED, Passive Homes, and/or similar Green Building programs.
Location & Working situation:
Likely long-term, flexible hybrid situation. 2-3 days/week collaborating in the office, 2-3 days/week working remotely from home.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email to email@example.com, with the email titled “Designer Position”:
· Cover Letter
· Portfolio including:
1) Sufficient work samples demonstrating your work experience and knowledge of residential construction drawings and Sketchup abilities.
2) Please include a limited amount of student work that demonstrates your design abilities and presentation skills, 3d digital model/rendering, and physical model-making skills.
Please indicate your eligibility to work in the United States or if Work Visa sponsorship is required. Please do not call or drop by the office.
We look forward to hearing for you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org