Website Huntsman Architectural Group
Huntsman Architectural Group is an award-winning architecture and interiors firm dedicated to elevating the human experience by designing places that connect, sustain, and inspire.
We actively engage clients as partners in the design process to explore their unique aspirations and culture, while prioritizing wellness, sustainability, and equity in the built environment. The result is places with meaning.
We believe in the conservation of environmental resources. Our focus is on realizing the potential of existing buildings through revitalization and inspiring interior environments to create lasting value for our clients and communities.
Our services include strategic workplace consulting, interior design, and architecture across a wide array of project types in the commercial, institutional, educational, residential, and other sectors.
The firm was established in 1981 and is a 100% ESOP employee-owned company. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, and Chicago are home to over 70 architects, interior designers, project managers, and support staff who are passionate about their work – explorers and innovators who never lose sight of our client’s vision. We maintain a fast-paced and fun work environment where team-based success is highly valued.
Huntsman is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in its design practice, its operations, and in the greater community by improving access for all to the architecture and design profession. We value our employees work-life balance, offering hybrid work (home/office), comprehensive benefits, and paid time off, in addition to competitive salaries. We consider mentoring and continuous learning integral to the long-term professional development of our team members.
About this Role
Design is only half-realized without the technical competence to deliver built solutions in a real world environment. Budgets, schedules, code compliance, and constructability all factor into turning a design vision into a useful building or interior space. Understanding how materials come together at the detail level, and how these assemblies ultimately comprise entire spaces or buildings, is where Huntsman’s Job Captains excel. We are as proud of our reputation for delivering high quality construction documents as we are of our inspiring designs. They are both part of the same product and process. Job Captains manage the complex process of developing documents, obtaining agency approvals, and coordinating with expanded project teams, often comprised of many diverse players. We work truly as partners with a host of engineers, specialty consultants, product manufacturers, builders, and other experts to deliver technically complex, cutting edge solutions that are well designed, buildable, and have lasting value.
- Lead documentation efforts for a variety of project types
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Assist project architect in managing small project teams
- Collaborate with project designers to refine and develop buildable solutions
- Research, verify, and select appropriate materials, fixtures, equipment, hardware, and other components
- Develop reflected ceiling and lighting plans
- Incorporate technical requirements including audio/video, acoustics, power, and data systems into the documents
- Develop and coordinate technical documents, including construction documents
- Apply quality assurance processes in all projects
- Interface with contractor, agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
- Assist in the coordination of agency approvals process
- Assist project managers/project architects in various construction administration tasks
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ownership and accountability for project- and firm-wide success
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of interior design / architectural project delivery
- Thorough understanding of interior architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and fundamental knowledge of building systems
- Fundamental understanding of detailing, material, and construction knowledge for commercial interiors
- Knowledge of state and local building and fire codes related to interior environments, including accessibility
- Computer savvy with strong skills in Autodesk Revit, MS-Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- SketchUp and other 3D modeling skills are highly desired
- Sustainable design experience, with a preference for hands-on LEED and/or WELL project participation
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 4-7 years of architectural/interior design experience
- Architectural Licensure and LEED Accreditation strongly preferred
If you meet the qualifications, experience, and requirements for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or a link to your work in a single PDF (maximum 10 MB) to: hr(at)huntsmanag(dot)com. In your e-mail subject line, please indicate Job Captain – San Francisco.
We will review your information and contact you should your qualifications align with our needs.
Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Huntsman will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.