Website Koch Architects
KA|Koch Architects is a full-service architecture firm with expertise in sustainable, modern residential projects and Mid-Century Modern renovations. Our team consists of a passionate group of visual thinkers who care deeply about creating well-crafted, authentic modern designs. Each project is thoughtfully guided from an initial concept through all stages of design, development of documents, and construction. Our 5-person office is located in West Berkeley, the office culture is casual, friendly, and collaborative while the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
With a number of new compelling projects underway, we have an opportunity for a candidate to lead a small team through all stages of the design and delivery process. We are seeking a candidate with an interest in firm leadership and near future ownership. The perfect candidate is inspired by the legacy of Mid-Century modern architecture and has knowledge of environmentally sensitive design. Candidates must have exceptional communication and technical skills necessary to lead the execution of full construction document packages and perform construction administration services.
This is a full-time, on-site position for licensed candidates with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in an architectural firm, and ideally 5 years of custom residential experience. We offer a signing bonus of $5,000.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Hands-on guiding of projects and team members from schematics through construction administration
- Working with the Principal and team members to prepare 2D and 3D design documents (Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, hand drawing)
- Creating, editing, and overseeing the production of construction drawing sets
- Project correspondence, schedule, and budget
- Code research (planning and building)
- Research and specify materials and systems
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited US architecture school
- CA Licensure preferred
- Candidate possesses advanced communication skills for client interaction and team leadership – ability to lead client presentations with ease
- Candidate is self-motivated – able to work independently, with a team and the Principal
- Past experience coordinating work with consultants & contractors, including references who will speak to this ability
- Construction Administration experience on job sites
- Knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
- Excellent graphic, rendering, and verbal communication skills are a must
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- PTO – Paid time off – vacation & sick
- Health care plan
- 401K retirement plan with employer contribution
- Paid holidays
- Architecture licensure support – ARE
How to apply
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com with “Sen PA” in the subject heading. Max. size of 8 Mb. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. We will respond to qualified candidates via email.