Website Koch Architects, Inc.
KA|Koch Architects is a full-service architecture firm with expertise in sustainable, modern residential projects and Mid-Century Modern renovations. Our team consists of a passionate group of visual thinkers who care deeply about creating well-crafted, authentic modern designs. Each project is thoughtfully guided from an initial concept through all stages of design, development of documents, and construction. Our 5-person office is located in West Berkeley, the office culture is casual, friendly, and collaborative while the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
With a number of compelling new projects underway, we have an opportunity for candidates to further develop their skill sets and gain rich experience leading a small team through all stages of the design and delivery process. We are seeking candidates who are inspired by the legacy of Mid-Century modern architecture and have an interest in environmentally sensitive design. Candidates must have exceptional communication and technical skills necessary to lead and develop full construction document packages and perform construction administration services.
This is a full-time, on-site position for candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an architectural firm, and ideally 2-3 years of custom residential experience.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
● Hands-on guiding of projects and team members from schematics through construction administration
● Working with the Principal and team members to prepare 2D and 3D design documents (Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, hand drawing)
● Creating, editing, and overseeing production of construction drawing sets
● Project correspondence, schedule, and budget
● Code research (planning and building)
● Research and specify materials and systems
● Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited US architecture school
● CA Licensure or enrolment with NCARB, participation in IDP, and active pursuit of licensure preferred
● Candidate possesses advanced communication skills for client interaction and team leadership – ability to lead client presentations with ease
● Past experience coordinating work with consultants & contractors, including references who will speak to this ability
● Construction Administration experience on job sites
● Working knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
● Excellent graphic, rendering, and verbal communication skills are a must
● Competitive Compensation based on experience
● PTO – Paid time off – vacation & sick
● Health care plan
● 401K retirement plan with employer contribution
● Paid holidays
● Architecture licensure support – ARE
How to apply
Please email a single .pdf file with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com with “JC” in the subject heading. Max. size of 8 Mb. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. We will respond to qualified candidates via email.