Website Solomon Cordwell Buenz
SCB is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence from offices in Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Seattle. We are looking to bring on board a BIM Specialist to join our San Francisco team.
SCB’s San Francisco office, now 13 years young, has that distinctive California vibe. Chill, hip, and a little bit funky, our growing San Francisco family includes Chicago transplants, West Coast natives, and everyone in between. Best of all, we still have the local flair of an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice.
The Technical BIM Specialist is a member of the Technical Design Services Group and supports Architectural and Interior projects in the development, maintenance, and auditing of project Revit models as well as tools used for coordination and Quality Assurance of these models. The Technical Design BIM Specialist will also develop BIM related tools and train staff on software/techniques in collaboration with the SCB BIM Managers.
- Reports to the Director of Technical Design Services
- Works directly with BIM Managers and Technical Design Services in support of development, training and implementation of firm guidelines and standards.
- Collaborates with Architects and Interior Designers on the project team to set up and maintain BIM model(s) on individual projects within the office.
- Collaborates with Project Teams to utilize BIM clash detection and coordination tools.
- Periodically reviews BIM model(s) at project milestones to determine conformance with internal standards and advise project teams relative to model optimization and utilization.
- Interface with firm Technical Directors in providing Quality Management (Peer) reviews.
- Assists in implementing in house training on BIM tools, techniques, and data utilization options to optimize project design and production efforts.
- Makes recommendations on internal resources needed to improve the workflow and general efficiency of projects.
- Assists in evaluating potential pilot projects to optimize BIM and BIM related performance on Architecture and Interior Design projects. Share and coordinate results with team.
- Assist teams with BIM tools, techniques, and data utilization/ automation to optimize project design and production efforts.
- Assist teams with design progress and work-flow tools (Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo).
- Perform other duties as assigned; job duties and assignments may alter from time to time to assign additional and/or alternative duties.
- 5-10 years BIM coordination experience on built projects.
- Revit experience across all project phases, with an emphasis placed on model management, technical documentation, and technology training.
- Professional degree in architecture, engineering, or construction technology.
- Registered Architect a plus
- Revit experience across all project phases, with an emphasis placed on model
- Passion for technology; strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer software scripting and programing a plus
SCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
SCB values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
SCB collects personal information (“PI”) provided to it by individuals, including, but not limited to, your name, addresses, email address, and phone number. SCB collects PI of businesses and individuals that are not employees primarily for the purposes of maintaining contact with those individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request. You can also request that your PI can be deleted but SCB may need to retain some information, when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.