Website Walker Warner Architects
Walker Warner Architects is an award-winning San Francisco firm with a staff of 60+ that has completed many residential, winery, and hospitality projects in California, Hawaii, and other Western states. Our work is tailored to the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. We believe in collaboration, continuous learning and sharing, and actively supporting candidates on the path to becoming licensed architects. Our office is friendly and spirited, with regular happy hours, field trips, and design-focused presentations. We are conveniently located in SoMa within walking distance of all major transit systems.
- Accredited degree in architecture
- Five to ten years of related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on high-end custom residential projects
- Technical knowledge of Type V construction
- Demonstrated 3D modeling/BIM proficiency (ArchiCAD preferred, but not required)
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Support the Project Manager in development of the design and detailing
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of the virtual building model and all documents in the drawing set
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors, and agency
- Assist the Project Manager to track budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and organize workflow
- Work with the project team to produce presentation materials for client and agency presentations
- Research and specify materials, products, and systems
- Attend jobsite meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals, and shop drawing
review during Construction Administration
- Coach and mentor junior staff, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive compensation package including profit sharing, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance, transit and flexible spending accounts, and ARE test reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins, or telephone calls. Reposting this job description elsewhere is not permitted.
Walker Warner Architects