Website Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction
• We Design………………………….
• We Build……………………………
• We Develop………………………..
• $2,500 signing bonus*……………..
• We are Different, Come Play With Us…………….
Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction is a multi-disciplinary, design focused firm working on architecture, interiors, DesignBuild and development projects. We have a staff of 12-15 people split between the office and the field, including architects, project manager/estimators, supervisors and carpenters. Our work is detail and construction oriented, modern in attitude and execution. We are actively involved in construction providing DesignBuild services for select client projects and our own residential development. Current projects include custom homes, 5-15 unit multi-family housing, office and commercial projects and our own single-family and multi-family development projects.
We seek talented, design focused individuals with an interest in design and construction. We provide a refined, high level of design, but we get our hands dirty. We know how to build, and for someone interested in the hands-on aspect of our profession we provide a unique opportunity.
Senior Designer/Project Lead
6-10+ years of experience working on residential and light commercial projects, highly developed design, detailing and project management skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently from design through construction. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects independently and managing junior staff, under the direction of the principal. You must be experienced and competent in all aspects of architecture. Our office and project style promote high degrees of independence for the right person.
We are particularly interested in a person with highly refined Design and Technical skills- Detailing, codes, construction documents and document production. Ideally you have a passion for design and making and can demonstrate an understanding of the connection between design and drawing, building and craft.
Your Qualifications and Interests:
• Degree in Architecture BA or Masters.
• Experience and a deep interest in modern details, materials, finishes, etc.
• Experience in the process of a project: pre-design, design, documents, permits, CA, etc.
• Experience producing design, permit and construction documents, specifications, etc.
• Experience working with clients, consultants, entitlements, etc.
• Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideally you have some experience in San Francisco or Bay Area offices and projects, and working with the SF Planning and Building Depts.
• We are a Mac office, so familiarity with Mac applications is ideal. We are currently using Vectorworks 2020 & 2022 and ArchiCAD.
• If you have an interest in Architect led Development we can provide an introduction into the nuances of that world- site acquisition, the pro forma, financing, real estate, etc.
We are looking for a good fit and are flexible on the amount of experience you have, as long as you can demonstrate excellence.
• Competitive salary DOE
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
• Medical and dental coverage with our Kaiser plan, or paid to your choice of coverage
• 401(k) with employer’s contribution up to 4% of your annual earnings
• Our office is in the Mission District, near Valencia Street, close to Bart. We are more or less back to work in the office, with some flexibility for remote work. We are all enjoying being back at work!
Please e-mail your resume, work samples and references, include “Project Architect” in the subject line. Pdf and word files only. Please no Drop-ins or Phone calls, and note that we cannot respond to every applicant.